Did You Know 65% of New Years Resolutions Have Failed By Now?
January 13 is called “Quitters Day”—the second Friday of January is when about 43% of people give up on their resolutions. 65% of people are done by the end of January. Less than 1 in 10 actually make it through the year.
If making videos was your “business resolution”, Signalfire will be able to help.
Signalfire’s New Years Marketing Challenge
Here’s our challenge to you—Create a video about the number one question you’re asked by potential customers.
Your first video will be rough. Lighting won’t be right. Editing will be choppy. Just embrace the suck.
Because your second video will be better. The third video will be even better yet. By time you get five or six under your belt, you will look back at the fist and cringe.
Let’s dispel some misunderstandings about video:
- No one likes themselves on video
- Your first video will be rough, but your second video will be twice as good. We promise.
- Short videos do great. Answer the question in 0:15 to 0:30.
- You don’t need a fancy camera. Your cell phone has more video editing power than most television stations in the 1990s.
- Check out some simple video tools like Filmora for your phone.
- Concerned about lighting or someone holding the phone? This is the best $30 you could spend to make your videos look steady and professional.
Video to Promote My Business?
Here are some tips on what to do once you’re video is done:
- Use the original video file and upload them to your social media channels like Facebook and LinkedIn
- Upload the video to your YouTube channel. Don’t have a YouTube channel? Here’s how to make one.
- Be sure to give the video a good YouTube title and write a good description with the question and answer. YouTube just happens to be the 2nd largest search engine in the world.
- Put the YouTube video in an email to your customers.
- Embed the video on your website using YouTube’s short embed code.
Will it get hundreds of views? Probably not. Will it tear down the barrier to creating your second video? Absolutely.