Marketing Tourism and Destination Organizations
Innovative Tourism Marketing
Signalfire has become a Midwest leader in marketing tourist destinations, convention and visitor bureaus (CVBs), chambers of commerce, and many tourism-related activities. With over 10 years of experience in marketing tourist destinations, Signalfire’s team of creative designers, masterful developers, and intuitive project managers will bring your destination’s story to life. Whether you are a local chamber promoting area events and members or a national market destination, Signalfire can provide comprehensive and turn-key marketing services, support, and strategy.
Creative Tourism Branding for Destinations and Organizations
Storytelling. Branding your destination is all about storytelling. Telling your story on multiple levels, such as designing the perfect logo or selecting the right color-scape, must begin with inspiration. Signalfire’s team will develop more than just a logo for your community or destination, we’ll also create a vision of your brand’s story.
Signalfire’s branding services include:
- A branding and identity analysis
- Creative logo design options
- Development of a brand persona and voice
- Detailed instructions with a brand style guide
Best Tourism Website Design
A destination, visitor center, or tourism-related website must be flexible and intuitive. Your successful website will be easy to use for both a visiting guest as well as the website’s administrator. Whether promoting a geographically-based network of members or single venue, your website is the cornerstone of your marketing efforts. Signalfire has an excellent history of producing award-winning tourism websites.
Your website is the primary platform to tell your destination’s story. Each tourism website built by Signalfire is custom designed and developed with the right tools for the job. A small community may see success with a compact WordPress website, while other regional destinations may require a more robust content management system (CMS) with customized features.
Common features for tourism website design include:
- Mobile responsive layout to succeed on mobile devices
- Content management system to manage page content, images, video, and member listings
- Membership management module to help add, edit, or delete member pages or users
- Event calendaring for user generated or organizationally generated event listings
- Easy to manage photo galleries
- Online forms for activity guide requests, email newsletter signups, and other useful content
- Connections to social media
Signalfire will work with your organization to develop the best features and website functions for both your visitors and website managers.
Web Writing and Blogging for Tourism and Destinations
Writing inviting and engaging content is critical for the success of any tourism or destination website. Travelers look to discover area attraction and activities through online searches and social media posts. Well-written articles showcasing “things to do” and “local tips” deliver big improvements in search engine performance. Signalfire provides engaging content development written in your brand voice.
Strong writing is only one part of the solution. Signalfire is also there to assist with the planning and strategy. Commonly referred to as a Content Calendar, Signalfire works closely with your team to outline delivering the content to your website. The successful result is a powerful repository of content that works for your organization by targeting users at their time of search.
Successful Web Marketing for Tourist Destinations
There is a world of options when it comes to marketing your destination on the web. Paid content placement on blogs or community websites can be combined with search engine pay-per-click advertising campaigns. Blogger relations can be combined with social media paid promotions. With all the options, Signalfire can develop results-driven campaigns targeting your ideal community.
Some key web marketing areas include:
- Tracking functions and best practices to measure performance
- Targeted, promoted content and paid content placement
- Blogger relations
- Pay-per-click advertising efforts
- Dynamic retargeting
- Website advertising
- Social media advertising and promoted posts
Effective Email Marketing with Newsletters and Blasts for Travel and Tourism
One of the most overlooked and under-utilized tools in a tourism or destination organization is the email. That sounds counter-intuitive since we receive so much of it, but Signalfire understands how to win the battle for your inbox. From developing a CTA-driven subject line to growing a segmented list community, Signalfire has the tools and skills needed to maximize this critical touchpoint.
How Signalfire can help your tourism or destination organization use email:
- Deliver a multi-faceted message to recipients who have already expressed interest in your destination
- Have a fully trackable message platform that drives traffic to your website
- Create topic-related or segmented lists based on interest allowing your destination to tailor the message to the recipient
- Utilize automated messages to promote feedback
Proven Social Media Marketing for Travel and Tourism
No industry can succeed or struggle with social media more than tourism. Which social platforms are right? How can you strike the balance between conversational and noisy? Questions about existing platforms quickly get set aside when the next shiny object comes along. This is when teaming experts from Signalfire can deliver huge benefits.
Signalfire can guide your destination through the social media jungle to formulate a comprehensive, cohesive strategy. That strategy will be critical as you tie social media to your content marketing efforts. Combining and compounding efforts from blog posts, website listings, event promotion, and email marketing will snowball into an effective and impactful social media presence. Signalfire is your best resource to turn the vast network of social media into a tightly focused and finely executed promotional tool.
Areas where Signalfire can help:
- Social media planning and strategy
- Platform-specific social media promotion, sponsored reach, and budgeting
- Social media management, monitoring, and crisis response
- Social media calendaring, promotional cycles, and frequency of posting
- Social media reporting, identification of KPI’s, and tracking methodology
- Social media video and image recommendations, planning, and management