Signalfire is seeking an in-house WordPress developer to be a turnkey web design and development resource for our team of creative marketing Guides and Outfitters. We are a team of marketing professionals partnering with clients to utilize effective web and content-centric marketing strategies. In short, we build brands and tell their stories.
Our future teammate will be a pro-active professional with more than three (3) years experience creating successful mobile-responsive, WordPress-powered websites. Our process involves creating themes from PSD mock-ups or hacking pre-developed child frameworks. We strive for user-focused websites that are the foundation for larger marketing programs with fantastic search engine performance.
Signalfire needs an experienced, energetic developer able to be client-facing and manage multiple projects for a wide spectrum of clients. This position will require wearing multiple hats. Our future teammate will collaborate with clients, in-house graphic designers, content creators, and project managers.
Signalfire is a close-knit team of professionals who are as much friends as co-workers. Many of our clients are just as close. Our office is fluent in sarcasm, has too many Peanut M&M’s, and is rumored to have some beer in the fridge. We offer a flexible work schedule, health insurance with vision and dental options, and paid vacation.
What do we expect from a WordPress Developer?
- A positive attitude with a customer service mindset. Always put the client first.
- The ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and in any medium. Yes, you might have to speak in front of a crowd.
- Have the ability to organize and manage your workload.
- Be a part of the team – sometimes you’ll follow, sometimes you’ll lead, but we’re all in it together.
- It’s okay to admit you don’t know something or there is a problem, but work hard to find answers and solutions.
- Everybody works differently, but in the end, the work must get done.
Other Position Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience or demonstrable expertise with custom WordPress development
- Ability to support and maintain WordPress core software updates, plugin testing/updates, and general site maintenance
- Appropriate understanding of server technologies, DNS, and go-live process
- Ability to educate and describe the development process to clients
- Strong people skills towards customer service and co-workers
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- Desire to keep organized files, maintain documentation of development related passwords and accounts
- Strives to stay current on web design trends and best development practices
- Work alongside the team in Delavan – no remote opportunities at this time
How Can You Join Us?
- Email your cover letter and resume
- Cover letter describing why you’re a good fit for the position
- Resume with relevant work experience and description of skills
- Salary requirements
- Portfolio of existing websites showcasing development skills
Candidates best meeting our needs will be invited for an interview. Signalfire is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Signalfire, please visit the rest of our website.