Avoid Marketing Disasters by Following These Easy Checklists
Don’t let this happen to you. In the last month we have seen domain names lost to expired credit cards; entire websites that were compromised because of out of date software; and business revenue devastated by unchecked Google information.
What can you do to ensure your marketing is ready?
Here are four simple checklists that anyone can do. Each will take 30 minutes or less, but can save you from disasters in your busiest times.
1) Your Domain Name
- Log into your domain registrar (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc.)
- Confirm your email address for notifications
- Check when your domain name expires
- Check your credit card information (expiration date) and auto renewal settings
- More information about how your domain name works
2) Your Website
- Check your website hosting—is your billing or credit card up to date?
- Confirm your hours and contact information are up to date including social media links
- Does your contact form or email link work?
- Perform a Google PageSpeed Insights test
- Log into Google Analytics and review performance data
- More tips on optimizing your website
3) Your Social Media
- Make sure all social profile photos are consistent across platforms (ideally your logo)
- All “About” sections should be fully filled out and updated
- Audit the last couple months of posts for a consistent tone, responses to comments, and reach
- If you’re not already using a branded hashtag, start!
- More tips on getting better social media performance
4) Your Google Business Listing
- Respond to ALL reviews and if you’re not sure how, here’s a great set of tips
- Ensure your phone number, website, and other contact information is up to date
- Confirm your hours/days of operation
- Make sure your location is correct and a service area is indicated (if it applies)
- Review your photos—make sure you have a picture of the outside of your location!
- Check to see if anyone asked any questions in the Q&A section. Remember, anyone can answer these!
Wait! If you haven’t claimed your Google Business location, read this and get started immediately!
What If You Don’t Know Where to Start?
We can help you. What if you had a partner that monitored and assisted with your marketing. Our team can evaluate your business’ marketing efforts to spot critical performance needs. It all starts by creating a MAP.
Signalfire’s Marketing Assessment and Plan will provide a comprehensive review of your most critical marketing platforms. We show you what’s broken and share a plan on fixing it. Let’s start with a short chat—no strings attached.